Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Birthday!

To Me!

As I stretched and yawned and hauled my ass outta bed this morning, I realized that turning 30 is just like all of my other birthdays... just another day. But, hubby did get up and wish me a happy birthday (which was really nice, cause I was up SUPER early for work), and even Lynne, mom mom-in-law was up and puttering around when I left, so she too wished me a happy birthday.

While it sucks that I am stuck here at work, it is really nice that I get to go home soon, and have someone else make dinner. I think that hubby and I are going to try to do my birthday dinner tomorrow night (with just the two of us), cause Lynne was saying this morning that the whole family is coming by tonight for dinner to help me celebrate... How cool is that? All these people that I love dearly, getting together to help celebrate me. That's so great.

I was talking to my sister in law yesterday, and she was asking me if I felt like there was anything in my life that I thought I would have done by the time I turned 30. I thought about it alot last night, and I have come to the conclusion, that nope, there really isn't anything that I "wished" I could have done before now. I'm happily married, and I have pretty well everything I want. A family who loves me, friends who are always there when I need them, a great job that keeps me fulfilled. I had thought at one point in time that I might have kids before now, but I can honestly say that I am glad that I don't have any yet. Not that I don't want them, I just am enjoying life too much to want to devote all of my time to a wee person who needs me. I hope that doesn't sound too selfish. I just kinda feel like when the timing is right, we will have kids, but right now, I am happy to be able to kick back, relax, have hubby bring me a nice glass of wine and curl up with a good book.

Hope you all have a great day, and look out, cause I'm in my thirties now!!!

love ya!
kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday darling!! It'll be me in a few weeks turning 30 just like you! Hope you had a good one and I will email soon I promise! Smashxxx