Sunday, January 18, 2009

6 weeks to go...

With just 6 short weeks (hopefully) until the baby arrives, I am starting to realize that my life is about to change in a huge way. It won't be all about me anymore. It won't be just hubby and me when we go out.

I can honestly say that I am starting to get a bit anxious. Not about how the baby is going to affect our lives, because I am ready for that. What I am not ready for is the actual giving birth of the baby. I am scared that I won't be able to handle it, that I will end up a big pile of mush screaming at the doctors to drug me up and cut me open.

My husband just laughs when I mention all of these fears. Not because he is insensitive, but because he is a man, and really doesn't understand why I am so scared. I can't wait for him to be in the room with me and experiencing all that I am going through, so that hopefully, he won't laugh anymore.

Enough about the scary stuff.... On to happy thoughts.....

We finally got the baby room done! My SIL was in town for a week, and she helped me to junk out the spare bedroom, move furniture around (well, her and hubby moved furniture, I supervised), and generally clean the room. Then came the fun stuff.... putting together the crib, organizing the baby clothes, and generally "nesting". I still get a smile on my face everytime I open the door to the baby room and see it all ready for the baby. I have been slowly but surely washing all of the baby clothes and blankets for the past week, so that I am not hit with doing a ton of laundry all at one time, but it does mean that I am lacking on doing the regular laundry and now there is a pile in our room that is threatening to overtake us and smother us with it's dirtyness.

I think it's time for hubby to do some laundry while I sit on my arse and eat bon bons. Ha Ha Ha. I don't think that I could handle the sugar overload that I would have from the bon bons coupled with the gestational diabetes. And since we can't have that, I will sit on my arse and eat something healthy for me, like some cheese and whole wheat crackers.

I will try to update again before the baby comes.... but I can't really make any promises.
~kris

No comments: