Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

So what if I am not the most consistent with my blogging? I have had other things on my mind. (Plus, my loving husband is addicted to World of Warcraft, which means that me getting any computer time is like trying to pull teeth.)

So it's 2009. Yippee. In all honesty, my life still kinda sucks. Yes, I am very excited that in 8 short weeks I will be (hopefully) delivering my first born, and thus venturing into the world of parenting, but other than that it's been crappy... I will review for you:

1. MIL is still with us (yay!) but she has been deteriorating quite rapidly, and refuses to let anyone other than hubby help her with her medications. (For those that aren't in the know - MIL has late stage cancer and we (hubby and I) live with her and take care of her.)

2. Due to MIL's insistence that hubby is the only one who can help her, he is not able to work. Which means that we only have one pay coming in, and that's mine.

3. I have been on sickness leave since the end of October. So instead of getting a full paycheck, I am only getting about half of it.

4. I am slowly starting to realize that I hate not being able to work, and am really afraid that I am going to want to jump back into work once the baby is here...

5. My mother still hates my hubby, but with the added bonus of her being out of work right now, and calling me a million times a week to complain. (At least she doesn't live near us!)

6. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes about a month ago and I am still trying to get into the swing of no sugar.

That's enough crappy news.... let's look at the positive shall we?

I am going to be a mommy soon!!!! I can't wait, and I am so excited for both hubby and I. He is over the moon about the baby, and can't stop asking if she's moving, and such. It's so nice to have such unconditional support!

I still do have my health. There is nothing wrong with me that won't be fixed after I give birth!

Hubby's family is also very excited and involved with the pregnancy, so it's nice to have the support of them.

My best friend has agreed to be in the room with us when I give birth, to help calm me and hubby. Plus she always knows how to make me laugh, so I think it will be good to have her there!

We have everything and then some for the baby! Between what we have bought, what we received at the shower, and the gifts from family, this kid is already spoiled! I love it!

And, I get up each morning with a smile on my face and the knowledge that all of the bad is balanced by good, and even when I can't see it, the good is still there, waiting to jump up and smack me in the head with a nice, soft pillow.

I can't wait to see what 2009 holds for me and our family. I promise to try to be a better blogger, and to keep you all much better updated!

~kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when people can find the positive in the sh!t.

It WILL be a wonderful year for you. I can feel it.