Friday, January 4, 2008

Ha Ha, I Win!

Good Lord I am brilliant. I engaged in a great fight with the evil doers, and I, the emerging superhero that I am, have triumphed over them!

Ya right, nothing that exciting, I just beat a parking ticket. Here's the story:

I arrived at work on Monday and parked my car. As I was walking up to the meter to pay for my parking stall, I saw the meterdude.

"I'm just going in to pay, don't ticket me!" I said, smiling at the meterdude. I paid for my spot, gathered up my receipt, and headed into the office. (The building where I work requires us to pay for parking, but we don't have to leave the receipt on the dash, we just key in our stall number.) I got into the elevator, headed up to my cubicle and thought nothing else of it. That was until I left for the day. And arrived at my car, to find a Parking Violation Notice (AKA Parking Ticket) for $70.49! Holy Fucking Shit! $70 bucks for a parking ticket? What the hell. I was MAD. I was SO mad dear readers, that if the meterdude had been standing in front of me right then I probably would have ended up being put in jail for abuse. I called M and screamed for about 5 minutes about the uselessness of meterdudes and parking tickets. He just asked me if I still had my receipt and then told me that I could appeal the ticket and because I have my receipt it really wasn't that big a deal. This was not what I wanted to hear from my loving husband, but knowing that sometimes it is better to just stew on things than fight with him, I let it go and started my drive home. The whole way home I stewed, getting madder and madder at the meterdude. I got home and promptly made some dinner for myself and M. I felt better after a snuggly hug from M and a quick back rub. He's so great. Way to good to me for my own good. I went off to bed thinking happy thoughts about fighting the ticket and winning.

/Side note: I was flossing my teeth on Monday night and managed to crack my tooth. Or at least I thought I had. Much pain ensued. More on this later
/End Side Note

So today when I got back in the office I scanned a copy of the ticket, and a copy of my receipt and emailed them off to the parking company. They quickly responded to me, apologizing for the mistake and letting me know that I don't have to pay the ticket! YAY Me! I win!.

Remember up there in the side note where I mentioned my tooth? Holy Crap Batman did it hurt. Both M and I thought that I had cracked my tooth and managed to pull a couple of pieces of it out. I took a couple of aspirin and went to bed, intent of heading to the dentist in the morning.

I got up yesterday morning with a dull throbbing ache in my mouth. I dropped M at work and went over to the dentist. They are so good about "emergencies" over there, and had me in right away. Turns out that I had just lost the filling, and my tooth wasn't cracked, nor was it rotting out of my mouth as I was worried about believing. So, after numbing me up, they replaced the filling (they had to do it twice, the first time it fell out again!) and sent me on my merry way. I called M, asked him to drive me home and then went to sleep for the rest of the day. I don't handle the numbing stuff they give you very well, and it makes me wonky, so the best remedy is to sleep it off.

So that's been my excitement. Tomorrow M and I will be going over to the open house that our local YMCA is having to find out if we want to join the facility. I am kinda leaning towards yes, as they have a great pool and gym area, as well as tons of free classes for members, and discounted classes in all sorts of fun things for members as well.

Have a great weekend!
kris

No comments: