Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On the Prowl...

It's time for me to put on my super-cape, and my super-hat, cause I am on the prowl! No, not for a new man, (there are days that I would consider it), but for a new job. See, I have been working under contract for the past 2 months (since I moved back to Vancouver, really) and at the end of January my contract is up. My manager who is really great would love to keep me on, but they don't really have any more work for me, and she can't get funding. So, it's back to the drawing board for me. I was a bit upset yesterday when I found out that my contract wasn't going to be extended, but hey, there has got to be something else out there for me, right?

I posted my resume up on the typical places, Monster, Workopolis, and as of this afternoon, I have an interview tomorrow morning, and a call back to another lady who wants to interview me. Hopefully I will not be jobless for long!

Okay, I need to go. I am desperately trying to finish up the day and get some minor things off my plate before my interview tomorrow morning! Yikes! I don't get nervous, but I sometimes wonder if I am making an ass of myself infront of the interviewer. Oh well, at least I don't lie about my qualifications, and I am really straight forward with people. What you see is what you get.

Wish me luck. I need it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww good luck with your job search babe. being out of work sucks. Well, it doesn't, being out of work is the best fooken thing in the world, it's just the having no money bit that sucks, hehe. Smashxxx