Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The night my life changed forever... Part 2

Okay, where was I? Oh right, New Years Eve, 2001. So after napping most of the day away, I awoke to find Glo and Grace sitting in my living room (love the fact that my roommate at the time just let them in and left - didn't bother to wake me up first!) So I stumbled around and got ready. Turns out that the girls had decided that we were to spend the night in the adjoining hotel to the bar - that way none of us had to worry about drinking and driving. (Good idea, always plan a safe ride home!)

Anyways, we got to the hotel and checked in. The girls went down to the bar to see if Grace's new man was around and I decided to call my dad to let him know that I got home okay, and that I missed him. I ventured down to the bar around 9... And that's when my whole world changed.

Sitting at our table was Glo, Grace, Jay (Grace's new man), Carla (another friend) and some guy I had never met. I sat down and immediately asked who the hell he was. He told me his name was M, who the hell was I? (Thankfully, he caught on that I was being cheeky!) I said "I'm the most important person here!) and smiled. He laughed and my heart fluttered a wee bit. Turns out when he smiles, he has the CUTEST dimple on his cheek. We spent the night flirting and laughing, and at midnight, while all the couples around us were kissing, I nipped outside to call my friend Renee. He came with me. I got off the phone and figured what the hell, leaned in and kissed him. The rest, as they say, is history.

He waited the usual 3 days to call me, but when he did we started hanging out. First as more of friends than dating, but it soon progressed, and by March we were living together. In May we bought a condo together and in August of 2006 we got married.

Now, to finish off this story.... Jay, the guy that Grace was seeing, just happened to by M's best friend. Grace and Jay didn't work out, but they are both happy with other people now - in fact, Grace just got married in August of 2007, and Jay has been dating the lovely Nat for about 6 months now.

So that's the story of the night my life changed. The night that I met my husband.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww thass a good story. Not that I am EVER getting married. Noooo way, haha! Smashxxx