Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The night my life changed forever... Part 1

Have I told you about the night that I met my husband? No? Outrage! I thought everyone knew this story.

Okay, settle in and I will tell you.

Once upon a time... no wait, that's not right. Let me take you back... back to the year 2001. In October 2001 my Nan (gramma) passed away. It was a hard time for me, and an especially hard time for my dad. Being that I was living in Vancouver at the time, I had to fly home (to Toronto) for the service, and at that point my dad asked if I would come home again at Christmas. Knowing what it would mean to him to have me home again at Christmas, I quickly agreed.

Fast forward to December 21. I'm leaving for the airport when my friend Glo calls. She asked me when I was back from Ontario. I told her that I was landing in the morning of the 31st, and seized that opportune moment to ask her to pick me up from the airport. She agreed, and also told me that she was going to figure out plans for New Years Eve, and did I want to go out with her to the club that night. I said sure, figure it out and I'll find out the plan when I get back. Christmas that year was hard, as my Nan was such a strong woman, and it hurt to not have her there to help us celebrate. She loved Christmas, and I grew up being instilled with a strong love of the season as well because of her.

When I landed back in Vancouver the morning of the 31st, I was tired, emotionally exhausted and wanting nothing more than to sleep the rest of the day (and night!) away. Upon gathering my baggage, Glo quickly reminded me that we had plans to go clubbing that night. I tried desperately to beg out of it, but to no luck. Apparently we were meeting her little sister Grace, and the new guy that Grace was seeing at the club.

No comments: